WEEK0 - INTRODUCTION

Before the First Class

a. Best Piece of Creative Work


A piece of pencil drawing from my HSC major work for visual art, which focused on exploring the emotional attachment to the environment that one's living in. I considered this drawing as my best piece as it depicted a scene from my childhood memory in which my grandmother is cooking in the kitchen. By incorporating my connection to the house that i was raised in for more than half of my life, i tried to convey what would otherwise be overlooked as mundane. From my personal perspective this drawing represents the frugality and austerity of my grandparents' past, it reflects optimism, yet also reveals resignation.

b. Great Piece of Architecture

The Phoenic tower in Melbourne, it is one of the "skinniest" building in Australia which stands on an extremely narrow block on an inner city street which is only 6.7 metres wide. This piece of architecture is fascinating in the way as it shows that it is possible to achieve soaring building heights which seem to be too difficult in small inner city area. 



c. Original photograph of something beautiful

This photo depicts the cherry blossom tree installation in the Queen Vitoria Building right beneath the historical central dome, in celebration of the Lunar New Year. When observe from a close distance, the blossoms are actually thousands of tiny felt piglets. 



Clients

Off White:

transparency, travel, innovative


BernabeiFreeman:

contradiction, craft, emerging


Auto Fabrica:


vehicle, customise, imaginative


Comments